School History

Mary, Help of Christians GNS was originally situated in the Phoenix Park and it was known, for a time, as St. Philomena’s. It was one of the early national schools and was built in 1848. It transferred to its present location beside the Parish Church on the Navan Road in 1969.

There are sixteen Class Teachers and four Special Educational Needs Teachers. We share an additional Special Educational Needs Teacher with St. John Bosco Junior Boys’ School.

img-01.jpg

Sep 01
2026
School Reopens
Sep 09
2026
School Closure - Child Safeguarding
Oct 26
2026
Halloween - Mid Term Break
Nov 02
2026
School Reopens
© 2026 Mary, Help of Christians Girls' National School